So, I was scrolling through some of my favorite blogs yesterday looking for inspiration to write my Resolutions list. I almost finalized my list (it was all financial and body image goals) when I came across this idea here. I'm going to give it a try.
The mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The criteria: The tasks must be specific (no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (represent some amount of effort on your part).
- Start Date: January 1, 2011
- End Date: September 27, 2013
- BOLD - completed
- Italics - In progress
1. Audit 2010 purchases & create budget for 2011.
2. Wallet detox for one ENTIRE month (no non-essential purchases).
3. Invest in one really nice painting.
4. Create RESP for Madelyn.
In the Kitchen…
5. Try 20 new recipes. (0/20)
6. Type out Nona’s cookbook, version II.
7. Learn to make Grandma’s truffles.
8. Bring dinner to a new mama.
9. Participate in Christmas bake exchange.
10. Keep a food diary for 2 weeks. (0/2)
11. Make breakfast for my hubby for an entire work week.
12. Have a picnic with the fam.
13. Give up dessert for 3 consecutive weeks.
14. Make pasta from scratch.
15. Make pizza dough from scratch.
16. 7 F&V and 2 Carbs (+Protein) diet for 1 week.
17. Make a diabetic friendly cake.
18. Give up french fries for 1 month.
Around the house…
19. Build a backyard herb & veggie garden.
20. Plant a front yard flower garden.
21. Repaint front shutters and redo mailbox & #sign.
22. Fix backyard fence.
23. Hire someone to remove Manitoba Maple trees from backyard.
24. Refinish the stairs & railings.
25. Redo 2 pieces of furniture. (0/2)
26. Finish decorating the second bdrm.
27. Finish decorating the basement.
28. FULLY clean out and label bins in both storage closets.
29. Purge clothes that haven’t been worn in 2 years (and that aren’t classics).
30. Frame and hang engagement/wedding photographs.
Dates with the Hubby…
31. Try 4 new restaurants in our hood. (0/4)
32. Sushi Date Night.
33. 10 movie dates. (0/10)
34. Find a babysitter in the hood.
35. Romantic candlelight dinner for two.
36. Wine tasting in Niagara.
37. Bowling double date.
38. Mini golf date.
39. Give another new mom & dad a date night.
40. Surprise the hubs, big or small, 5 times. (0/5)
41. 5 lunch dates near his office. (0/5)
42. Write a letter to Madelyn every month. (1/33)
43. Learn 5 new baby songs to sing to my baby. (0/5)
44. Take Madelyn to baby swim class.
45. Take Madelyn to baby yoga.
46. Take Madelyn & Mason to the park every day for 2 weeks.
47. Take Madelyn to the Zoo.
48. Take Madelyn to the Butterfly Conservatory.
49. Take Madelyn ice skating.
50. Take Madelyn fruit picking.
51. Take Madelyn to a fall fair.
52. Get Madelyn potty-trained.
53. Walk Mason every day for 1 month.
54. Baby #2.
55. Go to Turkey.
56. Go camping with the fam – and sleep in a tent!
57. Destination Herinn in Mexico, Nov ’11.
58. Visit J&G&P&C.
59. Go to Halifax.
60. Go West to visit big Sis.
61. Road trip to Windsor.
62. Road trip to Ottawa.
63. Road trip to Port Elgin.
64. Road trip to Mactier.
65. Read 1 book a month. (0/33)
66. Attend 2 MRIA events. (0/2)
67. Take a course.
68. Lose baby weight (by April 2011, measured by fitting in fave jeans).
69. Work out 2 days a week for 1 month.
70. Work out 3 days a week for 1 month.
71. Run neighbourhood loop.
72. Run to lake and back.
73. Run in 3 races. (0/3)
74. Do 100 sit-ups everyday for 1 week.
75. Go to Church once a month. (0/33)
76. Attend Tuesday night Yoga class.
77. Pay for the person behind me in the drive thru.
79. Not go on Facebook or blogs for an entire week.
80. Read at a coffee shop alone 6 times. (0/6)
81. Scrapbook Madelyn’s first year.
82. Sew 2 things. (0/2)
83. Finish a painting.
84. Print honeymoon & travel photos and place in albums.
85. Read the manual for our camera & take some good manual pics.
86. Do a Wedding series.
87. Do a home renovation series.
88. Learn how to write html blog coding.
89. Do a C birth post.
90. Do a FULL breastfeeding post.
91. Go to 3 Raptors games. (0/3)
92. Have 4 girls night outs. (0/4)
93. Have a girls weekend away from baby.
94. Sing karaoke.
95. Go downhill skiing.
96. Go tobogganing.
97. Throw a theme party.
98. Go to Canada’s Wonderland.
99. Play Black Jack & Crabs at a Casino.
100. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet:
101. Inspire someone to start a 101 in 1001 list. (0/1)