It's been two months since we started solids and Madelyn LOVES food. We have knocked every last item off our Baby Food Starters: 6-9 Months list (no allergies, thank heavens) and now we're ready for more.
While I want to savour every moment of Madelyn's baby days, I am also really excited for the milestones ahead. That includes introducing more flavours and textures to our little girls developing palatte. I'm going to try my hardest to wait one more month to start most of these. It's going to be a long month!
I compiled the following 9-12 months food starters list by consulting our GP, Naturalpath doctor, Lactation Consultant and my mom friends. I highly recommend doing your own research to see what is best for your baby. Every baby has different needs.
Baby Food Starters: 9-12 Months
- Lima Beans
- Mashed Potatoes
- String Beans
- Peeled Grapes - halved or pureed (note: chocking hazard if left in full form / with skins on)
- Ground Oatmeal
- Split Peas
- Organic Goats Yogurt (in small doses only, wait until 9 mos)
- Leeks (good addition to veggie soup)
- Snack food: Baby Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits (Original, USDA Certified Organic variety)
- Continue to wait 2-3 days between food introductions to look for allergic reactions, rashes, or changes in mood.
- At 9 months you can start experimenting with the texture of food. Allow for small chunks by cutting back on the amount of time you process.
- Small amounts of spices can be added to enhance flavour. Cinnamon is a great addition to fruit!