Feb 2, 2011

More on Teething...

Why do I have messy unwashed hair for the 3rd day in a row? Why am I still in PJ's at noon? Why do I have bags under my eyes from getting up at 5am? Easy answer: Madelyn is sprouting her 2nd tooth! This time it's on the top and way more painful (measured by fussiness) than the bottom tooth.

We tried a new product last night: Orajel. It seems to be working okay, def better than Camillia (sorry naturalpaths). My backup is Baby Tempra/Tylenol but I'd prefer to reserve that for the worst of hours.

Yesterday, I called Telehealth Ontario to make sure Madelyn wasn't actually sick with something else since she had a low-grade fever and runny nose. In case any of you moms out there are also fretting about this stuff, here is a list daddy found of common Teething Symptoms. Click here for the full article.
  • Irritability
  • Drooling
  • Coughing
  • Chin rash
  • Biting & gnawing
  • Cheek rubbing and ear pulling (watch out: could also be a sign of an ear infection)
  • Diarrhea
  • Low-grade fever
  • Not sleeping well
  • Cold like symptoms (runny nose, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...