Sep 6, 2010

Painting: AMAZING

By popular demand (okay, 2/7 followers), I am going to start revealing the words in my old graff paintings. This first piece says AMAZING.

AMAZING was created in September 2001, shortly after 911. The event of terrorism in NYC gave me a renewed appreciation for life and humanity, as I'm sure it did for many people. At that time I was taking the GO train from Hamilton to Toronto for an internship I had at Yonge & Bloor. It was a rough commute ~ 1 1/2 hr each way. However, on a clear fall day that commute provides one of the most amazing sunrises I've ever seen. At about 7:05am the train departs Hamilton and you get an 'Amazing' view of the Defasco smoke stacks (left) and the city skyline (right) with the harvest sun rising over Lake Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...