Nov 30, 2010

Rainy Day Dinners

So I finally get better after almost 5 weeks of cold bugs and now my poor hubby is sick. On top of that, it's a cold rainy day and we had to trek out for immunizations and my flu shot. Boo hoo.

Luckily, I have lots of Turkey leftovers in the fridge from Thanksgiving. Tonight I'm going to try this super yummy looking recipe for Chicken PotPie (but with Turkey) from my friend Jessica's blog: http://shadesofsunshine.blogspot.com/.

Since J's post was for a recipe exchange, I thought I'd mention one of my favorite rainy day go-to's in return.

Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie from Rachel Ray


I usually make the following changes to the recipe to make it my own:

- Skip the bacon part (too messy to clean up)
- Add diced mushrooms to onions & carrots
- Substitute Curry & Chili Powder for Poultry Seasoning
- Substitute Milk for Cream in the Mashed Potatos (but make sure to add the egg)
- Create three layers in a baking dish:
1. Onions/Ground Turkey
2. Canned Corn & Frozen Peas
3. Mashed Potatos

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...