Jan 31, 2011

Back in action & 2011 SAG Red Carpet

When someone close to you is sick your whole world literally stops spinning. Life has been passing me in slow motion during the last couple of weeks. While it has been a really tough time, I have found a lot of hope from the many acts of kindness by my dear friends. Mel, thank you for the beautiful spring tulips. They are filling my kitchen with light and happiness. Parents & friends (you know who you are), thank you for watching over our little angel while I was unavailable. And to my amazing husband, THANK YOU for cleaning our entire house right down to folding the baby clothes. You are so awesome.

This week I am focusing on getting back into routine. Thanks to the SAG awards last night I am having an easy time with my first blog post after a week MIA.

Best Dressed - Solids

Rosario Dawson is top on my list in a cream J Mendel dress that is so cool and refreshing. Her skin tone looks radiant and jewelry by Susie Fox & Neil Lane completes the look (check out her earrings). Tina Fey, thank you for reading my memo about red this season. You have never been hotter than in this Oscar de la Renta. Wow! Sarah Hyland also looked glam in an orange Max Mara Elegante. Lastly, Natalie Portman this is your year. You really know how to show off your belly (here in Azzaro). I can't wait to see what you wear on Oscar night!

rosario dawson josh duhamel sag awards 2011 05 tina fey amy poehler sag awards 01 sofia vergara sarah hyland sags 01 natalie portman sags 02

Best Dressed - Prints

Claire Danes and Mila Kunis looked stunning in belted prints by Louis Vuitton and Alexander McQueen. I would buy both of these gowns if I could, esp. Mila's with the long train. I also think January Jones looked old-school glam in this Carolina Herrera print. January has such a classic look, I don't know if I could disagree with anything she wears.

claire danes hugh dancy sag 03 mila kunis sag awards 03 january jones sag awards 2011 03

Worst Dressed

I'm sorry Angie Harmon, but where did you think you were going last night? JustJared called you a vision, but I think your Monique Lhuillier looked overdone. Jenna Fischer, please fire your stylist. You looked way older than you are in this Fendi. Jane Lynch, this Ali Rahimi is a disaster. I would have preferred to see you in your Glee track suit. And Wynona, you are teen prom meets Wizard of Oz in this Alberta Ferretti.

angie harmon jason sehorn sag awards 2011 03 jenna fischer mindy kaling 2011 sag awards 05 jane lynch heather morris sag awards 01 winona ryder 2011 sag awards 03

Worst Dressed Continued

I don't think the following need any commentary other than "ew": Kim Kardashian in Marchesa, Melissa Leo in Randi Rahm and Jennifer Lawrence in Oscar de la Renta.

kim kardashian sag awards 2011 03 amy adams melissa leo sag awards 05 jennifer lawrence sag awards 2011 03

My Two Cents

I feel like Julie Bowen is going to get a lot of slack for wearing a jumpsuit (Catherine Malandrino). My opinion: I think she looked pretty hot for an on-screen mom of three. Work it Julie! Another not best or not worst is Jayma Mays. This Jenny Packham was a huge step up after her disaster at the Globes, but there is still room for improvement.

jane krakowski julie bowen sag awards 08  jane lynch heather morris sag awards 05

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...