Feb 28, 2011

Hollywood's Big Night Out

I wasn't too thrilled with the red carpet last night at the 2011 Academy Awards. The event was missing my favorite TV stars (January Jones, Sofia Vergara) and there weren't any big fashion 'wows'. The show itself was pretty entertaining, especially since I was a bit tired from my birthday weekend.

If you watched the carpet or the show, you know Purple was the it colour. Mila, Natalie and Scarlett all looked stunning. But Cate, what were you thinking? If you had only ditched the shoulder pads...

mila kunis oscars 03  jeremy renner oscars 2011 red carpet 09  cate blanchett 2011 oscars 03

There were also a few celebs living out the Red trend (remember the Golden Globes?).

anne hathaway oscars red carpet 2011 03 sandra bullock oscars 02 jennifer hudson oscars 2011 01 jennifer lawrence 2011 oscars 03

Gwyneth Paltrow was one of the more original style setters. I loved the Calvin Klein Collection dress she wore for the carpet. Camila Alves also looked amazing in this Kaufman Franco.

gwyneth paltrow oscars 05 matthew mcconaughey camila alves 2011 oscars 06

I am also a fan of Reese Witherspoon's look in this black and white Giorgio Armani PrivĂ© gown. It took me back to the 2000 Oscars when Julia Roberts won for best actress in Erin Brockovich. Timeless.

reese witherspoon oscars 2011 07 

I can't believe I'm saying, it but I think I'm becoming a fan of Anne Hathaway. Yes, she was pretty awkward hosting with James Franco, but the girls got style. And hair. She pulled off a different hair style with each dress change. How is that possible? My favorite look on Anne was the red strapless Valentino.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...