Mar 23, 2011

Love, Gratitude & Understanding

What do these 3 words have in common? My new pair of jeans!

If you've been following my blog you know I've been waiting to get back into my old jeans. Well, a dozen yoga classes, lots of walking, and 10 months later I have reached my goal fitting into 2 old pairs. There may be a little muffin top happening but I can still zip them up, so, Horray me! But, the bad news is these 2 pairs aren't my faves. Those are still hanging in the closet.

When I was pregnant my doula told me that a woman's hips can move 2 inches or more during pregnancy and sometimes they don't move back. I believe it. My entire body feels different than before. Different in a good way. I bet it has something to do with the breastfeeding hormones (they seem to impact everything) because I have a new Gratitude for my body that I never had before:  it was the vessel my little baby took to enter our world. I'm also going easier on myself and Understanding that it's okay not to have the same body as before. I have Madelyn now, I didn't have her before. And all this has helped me Love my body more than ever.

What better way to celebrate all of these emotions than with a new pair of investment denim? I have been anxiously waiting for the dojo to hit Aritzia this spring. Then when we were strolling through the mall this week there they were. I tried them on and instantly felt like a MILK (G rated version of you know...K is for kiss :) ). I can't believe it took this long for the trouser flare to reappear..totally takes me back to fall '00. Here they are, my new faves:

7 For All Mankind DOJO IN NEW YORK DARK - Seven For All Mankind7 For All Mankind DOJO IN NEW YORK DARK - Seven For All Mankind

If you also like this look, which is a short girls bff, check out these contenders:


True Religion Carrie Petite Skinny Knee Wide Leg Flare Jean Morgan Wide Leg Flare Jeans True Religion TEXTILE Elizabeth & James Diana Flare Jeans Mother The Wilder Trouser Jeans 7 For All Mankind - GINGER WIDE LEG TROUSER IN LIGHT WEIGHT MERCER True Religion Carrie Petite Skinny Knee Wide Leg Flare Jean CJ by Cookie Johnson 'Felicity' Flare Leg Stretch Jeans (Truest Blue Wash) Bell Bottom Trouser Jeans J Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...